Granite is a variety of natural stone that is made from cooling magma in the earth. This slow and high-pressure process results in granite, an igneous stone that is particularly strong and hard. Granite comprises of minerals such as quartz and feldspar, which contribute to its characteristic sparkle. It comes in both honed, matte slabs, as well as brushed, shiny tiles. Hence, it is always good to understand what are the benefits of granite flooring, in order to fully appreciate why we should consider granite.
Benefits of Granite Flooring
- Beauty – Granite comes in different colors and patterns. Granite gives an area character and sophistication.
- Durability – Granite is very durable. Granite is also scratch and heat resistant.
- Hypoallergenic qualities – If you have asthma or any other allergies, granite is a fantastic flooring option for your home. It is also highly resistant to bacteria and allergens.
- Value for money – Granite flooring gives the house a brand new aesthetic feel and look of a higher end flooring.
- Resistance to water and moisture – Granite is extremely resistant to water and moisture. To clean granite, wipe with a damp cloth or mop. In addition, use warm, soapy water for tougher stains.
Cleaning of Granite Flooring
Granite floor is the hardest stone and it is commonly use at the office main lobby area as due to it tough characteristic, unique and classy looks. Another alternative of similar effect is seamless and metallic epoxy flooring.
- Granite floor can be restored by full grinding and polishing process.
- The grinding and polishing time for granite will take about 1/2 day for a 100 sq ft granite floor.
- After the treatment, we will need to grind hones and polish granite stone – granite floor polishing process for total floor restoration.
We can also add on the floor protection by applying a layer of stone impregnator. It is able to protect against penetration of liquids like coffee, syrup on the stone surface.