Wood flooring are currently considered as the in-thing right now. One kind of wood flooring that is slowly becoming popular among everyone is laminated flooring. These flooring are not made of real wood. However it offers the best wood floor options without being too expensive. Hence, it is best to understand the benefits of laminate flooring to appreciate this alternative wood flooring.
Laminate flooring excels over other types of flooring products with its superb features and properties that many of the home owners do not realized. Thus, installing laminate flooring offers excellent benefits to many home owners.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring
- Authentic look and feel – Laminate flooring can mimic all types of natural surfaces including hardwood and stones. You will find almost exact colors and patterns of many types of wood flooring.
- Strong and durable – Multi-layered structure of laminate flooring commonly makes it even stronger and long lasting.
- Scratch and stain resistant – Like vinyl flooring, this flooring is also stain and scratch resistant.
- No shading of colors – The top protective coating in this flooring helps to prevent shading of colors over time.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance – Cleaning and maintenance of laminate flooring is easy to clean and maintain.
Though laminate flooring provides exact hardwood and stone surface flooring, the cleaning methods for laminate flooring differ almost quite significantly. Here are some of the well-known methods which you can use to clean the flooring –
- Dry mop the floor twice or thrice weekly as per the traffic and cleaning requirements.
- If you are vacuum cleaning the floor, use the soft brush attachments.
- You can sponge mop with clean water in case of stains or debris on the floor.
- Do not use cleaners made for hardwood, linoleum or tiles for laminate flooring as it leaves a soapy finish on the floors.
- You can use mixture of equal parts of water and vinegar to clean laminate flooring. There are many laminate floor cleaners available on the market. You can make your own laminate flooring cleaner adding equal parts of vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water.