Vinyl flooring is a new type of resilient flooring in the market. Resilient flooring is simply artificial composite floors such as rubber, plastic, PVC, linoleum and now with the latest addition, Vinyl. Such synthetic flooring, will act as a cost efficient substitute especially to natural floors such as wood, cement concrete, ceramic tiles and marble. We need to fully understand the benefits of vinyl flooring, before we can appreciate the value of this trendy vinyl flooring.
Benefits of PVC or Vinyl Flooring
PVC, or is more commonly known as vinyl flooring, is a long known all-rounder option in terms of cost, ease of installation, maintenance and durability.
- PVC or vinyl flooring cost less than half of what is required with hardwood option.
- You do not need high skills to install vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl flooring has waterproofing element which protects it from water damages.
- Vinyl flooring is naturally resistant to dents and scratches.
- PVC or vinyl flooring can be easily cleaned with sweeping, vacuuming, or dust-mopping, with occasional wet-mopping with water
Vinyl floors are not only stylish and simple to install even for the DIY home owners, they’re also easy to clean and maintain, thus, is giving you an easy life and a healthy and hygienic home.So, in order for you to keep the floors in your home looking as good as the day you laid them, here’s what that you have to do:
Daily – Remove all the dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner. This avoids the buildup of dust or dirt and makes it a loteasier for you to maintain your floors.
Weekly – Clean with a damp mop, at least once a week, by adding the warm water and a neutral detergent. This helps to remove dirt and keep the floor in top condition. Keep in mind that you don’t need a big amount of water to clean your floor.