The term epoxy flooring consist of a variety of concrete floor coating systems. It is typically comprise of a variety of high performance resins. We need to understand the different types of epoxy flooring and its suitability for the type of building. Only then are we able to decide on the correct flooring system, which meets our needs of a hardened flooring.
Epoxy flooring systems are a very reliable systems. It can be use in industrial epoxy flooring as well as commercial epoxy flooring. In addition, they are also highly suitable to meet today’s floor tough demands. The hardness and elasticity of the epoxy floor systems is achieved by adjusting the amount and type of the epoxy resins.
- LD (Light duty) – Light foot traffic, occasional rubber tyred vehicles.
- MD (Medium duty) – Frequent of foot traffic, regular fork lift truck traffic, occasional hard plastic-wheeled trolleys.
- HD (Heavy duty) – Constant fork lift truck traffic, hard plastic wheeled trolleys with loads impact.
- VHD (Very heavy duty) – Severe heavily loaded traffic and impact.
This hard flooring system is an excellent system for places where there is too much load and heavy traffic like in garages.
Features of Epoxy Flooring Systems
Attractive and decorative
Epoxy flooring has outstanding gloss and color retention properties which will make them to look attractive and beautiful looking.
These flooring are easy to clean and very hygienic. Hence, most suitable for commercial kitchens that needs 100% cleanliness.
Tough and resistant to Wearing
The epoxy flooring systems is known for their toughness. They are resistant to wear and thus can last for years.
Epoxy can stick to concrete and other floor. It doesn’t peel off easily and can withstand harsh temperature, humidity and heavy load.
Easy and fast to apply
Differences between Epoxy Flooring System and Epoxy Coating
Epoxy Flooring System
- Complete flooring system with special floor preparation, protection, coating and finishing providing you with durable heavy duty floor that is also safe.
- Self-leveling is done including full floor preparation top ensure there is no puddled water on the levelled floor.
- Before epoxy coating is done, there is part of floor protection including moisture barrier to protect the floor.
- It is also long lasting and estimated to last more than 10 years
- Suitable for both commercial and industrial usage with compliance to HACCP and GMP.
- Not suitable for toilet and open area.
Normal Epoxy Coating
- Just look like a simple floor coating with just addition of epoxy paint.
- There is no preparation for floor or self-leveling hence the epoxy coating is done according to the floor’s contour.
- There might be high moisture failure due to absence of floor protection.
- Not lasting and easily peeled off because there is no floor finishing, something that can protect the paint.
- Suitable for small residential use and those looking for cheap application.
- Not suitable for heavy industrial usage.
Suitability of Epoxy Flooring System
The epoxy flooring system is suitable for various industrial and commercial purposes. Thus, we highly recommend it for:
- Automobile Industry
- Chemical Plants
- Commercial Buildings
- Food and Beverages Making Plants
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Packing Plans