Laminate flooring is kind of a multi-layer synthetic flooring product that is combined together through a lamination process. Laminate wood flooring simulates both woods with a decorative paper under a clear protective layer. The protective layer protects the wood pictures from scratches and prevents fading due to UV lights from the sun.
Protective layers comprise of high-density fiber board and backing layer that keeps the board straight. High quality laminate planks have foam or padding to enhance acoustical floor quality whenever you walk on it.
Types of Laminate Flooring
There are few types of laminate flooring that are available in the Malaysia market:
- Firstly, AC 1, which is for home use with little foot traffic, like bedrooms.
- Secondly, AC 2, which is for home use with medium foot traffic, like living rooms and dining rooms.
- Thirdly, AC 3, which is for home use in all foot traffic areas. This includes high foot traffic areas, like kitchen, corridors and home offices
- Next, AC 4, which is suitable for home use in all traffic areas and can meet some commercial standards if warranted
- Lastly, AC 5, which is most durable laminate available and can withstand heavy commercial traffic. For example it is use in department stores and public buildings.
Even though this is not real wood, the truth is that this kind of flooring will look much like wood. It will help you enjoy the beauty of wooden floor as well as overcome other disadvantages of wood floor. This article will be very helpful to anyone who wants to explore why people would install such flooring option.
Why People Choose Laminate Flooring
- One of the key reasons why people love to opt for laminate wood flooring is its price range and overall cost.
- Another benefit of this kind of engineered wood flooring is that it is very durable
- Laminate flooring is also suggested because it is extremely easy to install.
- Another reason you have to consider installing laminate flooring is because it can heighten and improve the overall look and enhance the setting.
Laminate comes with protective top layer, and moisture resistant in the bottom layer. Laminate flooring is suitable even for areas like the bathroom, kitchen and laundry.
If you considering changing your flooring, but worry about the disadvantages of wood flooring, you can consider laminate. Call us to understand more about the feature of each different type of flooring. We are one of the leading flooring system installers that are specializing in many types of flooring. We focus mainly around KL, Selangor and extending to other parts of Malaysia.